Technical Superintendent is responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the vessels from mechanical and engineering perspective which includes overseeing the vessel’s daily operations, maintenance and repair of the equipment, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, occasional inspections, docking and similar.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise well managed accordingly to the management requirements.
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking and/or repair quotes and selection of shipyards for dry docking and/or repair and/or maintenance works.
- Attend the vessel during dry docking, repairs and surveys when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and/or repairs and/or maintenance.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking or repairs, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Identify and source technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure its economic efficiency.
- Ensure that all relevant obligatory certificates, publications and procedures are well kept on board of the vessel and that are properly maintained and documented.
- Monitor technical and administration status of vessel in relation with Classification society, Flag administration, Marine insurance and ensure its compliance with Quality and Safety Management standards.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and vessel’s reports.
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements.
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on a regular scheduled basis on all vessel incidents, near misses, defects or failures to ensure overall conformance.
- Ensure briefing, debriefing and appraisals of Masters, Chief Engineers and other senior officers on regular basis.
- As Technical Superintendent you will be directly linked with office procurement department and in house work shop.
- Job location is Rijeka, Split or Zagreb.
Technical Superintendent should be familiar with and have the knowledge of:
- Mechanics and Engineering of the vessel’s systems;
- Principles of modern management systems;
- Understanding of the ISM Code;
- Handling of mandatory rules and regulations;
- Assessment techniques;
- Technical and operational aspects of safety management;
- Understanding operations of a shipping company;
- Requirements for marine-related management system audits;
- Effective communication with shipboard staff and shore management;
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar positions or to possess relevant minimum 5 years sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer;
- Possess good organizational and communication skills;
- Independent and resourceful, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines or solve problems;
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving;
- Able to conduct effective stand-up training for vessel’s crew;
- Ability to travel within short notice as required;
- Proficient in English, both in writing and verbal;
- Skillful in official correspondence;
- Necessary advance knowledge of MS office Outlook, Excel and Word;
All interested candidates should provide their CV to these e-mail addresses:
For any inquiry contact person is Ms. Edita Popović Kragić (+385 99 3681 304).